Planning to redo your modern family room? Do you want to transform a drab room into a space that's comfortable, stylish and inviting? Or are you simply looking for ideas to make your existing room look great?
If so, there's plenty of inspiration for modern family room decorating out there, but many people end up with a bland and generic look that doesn't suit their tastes. Here's how you can get started on your quest for a more inspiring look for your living space:
* Big, spacious couch or sectional. Extra chairs, Ottoman or beanbags for seating. Lots of throw pillows or throw blankets. A big television, and the right accessories.
* Use a large wall, or open ceiling, to display a large screen. You can hang it from a ceiling fan, on one wall or on a wall-hung lamp, to provide an intimate feel to a large living space. Or mount the TV on an oak-framed coffee table, with a large picture or painting behind it.
* Consider adding a fireplace in your room's decor. With a proper fireplace lighting, this can make your family room feel cozy, not sterile and lifeless. Choose a style that matches the rest of your furnishings, and add other accessories like candles or scented candles, wall-mounted lamps and throw pillows.
* Make the room feel cozy with small tables and comfortable chairs. Add a coffee table with a bookcase or dresser underneath, if you have one, or opt for a large open area with a couch and chairs to create an oasis.
* Decorating your modern family room doesn't have to be about making your room look too “big” – you don't have to go overboard. If you're redoing a large living space, try using a large table to display a variety of pictures, but keep them in perspective. For a smaller family, a low table with plenty of seating can make a room look bigger and more welcoming. Keep your furniture light and simple, or go with bold with your modern decor.
* Having the room redone is a great place to get creative and express yourself. If you have a lot of old, boring furniture, consider renting some furniture, or even giving it away.
* Don't settle! There is no right or wrong way to decorate a room. Get your creative juices flowing, and add your own twist to the theme. It's OK to use the colors in traditional styles to give a room some color and life – but don't go overboard.
* Have fun decorating! This is a fun project, and you'll spend time with your kids and enjoy it more if you enjoy what you're doing.
* Decorating the room will help you bond! You'll feel more comfortable in it, and spend less time worrying about how to turn it back around in a few weeks.
* It won't cost much! If you're redoing a large living room, it doesn't have to be a major expense to get started. And you don't have to leave anything out.
* Enjoy what you do! Get creative!
* Find a balance between lightness and darkness! With all the different types of furniture that are on the market today, there is a variety of looks to consider, and you'll want to choose a few that are a little off the beaten path from your current decor.
* Try adding a few mirrors! You can buy mirrors that will reflect on a wall, or install a mirror that you can put on a door – or even add a mirror to the side of a dresser or bookcase. Mirrors make a room look wider and give it more depth.
* Take advantage of natural light! Some people love their rooms to have as much natural light in them as possible – you can even install blinds, so that you can open up your home to more natural light.
* Use your imagination! There are lots of creative ideas you can use in your design!
Gallery of Everything You Need To Know About Modern Family Room | modern family room
Tags: #modern family room #modern family room chairs #modern family room colors #modern family room decor #modern family room furniture #modern family room ideas #modern family room ideas 2020 #modern family room lighting #modern family room sofa #modern family room with fireplace