In today's technologically advanced society corner fireplace designs are growing rapidly in popularity. Add-on options for corner fireplace plans available in modern, minimalist designs with classically styled media-centre functions and child matched white-painted mantles, these stylish, functional corner fireplaces often range in price from a few hundred dollars to more than a thousand.
Today, there are also a wide range of accessories, such as mantles and wall sconces, that make using the corner fireplace more appealing and pleasing to the eye. Corner fireplaces with mantles are no longer just for the wealthy, but they have become very fashionable for those who want to add an elegant touch to their homes without having to break their budget. However, mantles can sometimes be an eyesore, so it is recommended that you invest in the correct one for your corner fireplace design. Here are some basic ideas about mantles for your fireplace:
– Style: mantles are available in many classic styles. For example, you can buy mantles with intricate carvings or elaborate floral patterns. They come in various sizes, too, ranging from very small pieces to large wall sconces.
– Shape: mantles can be either round, square, rectangular or even oblong. Depending on the size of the fireplace, mantles can be placed in a wide variety of ways, either horizontally or vertically.
– Size: mantles are available in all sizes. You can buy them in different diameters to suit different types of fireplaces. There are mantles that extend vertically to support the lower portion of a mantel while others are placed above a mantel as a kind of cover that looks good.
– Type: mantles can be made of stone, cast iron, cast aluminum, pewter, and porcelain. Stone mantles are usually made in a more traditional style, but porcelain mantles are often used for decorative purposes. Pewter mantles are usually designed for modern and contemporary settings, but are also commonly found in traditional and old-world homes.
– Color: mantles are available in white, ivory, pink, yellow, gold, copper, black, brown, and even green. Each color has a special meaning and is appropriate for different purposes. If you are looking to purchase a mantel for a corner fireplace in a more modern setting, then you would do well to select pink or yellow mantles, whereas if you are looking to add something different to your traditional fireplace mantel, consider using gold.
A corner fireplace mantel will always enhance the charm and character of your home. Choose carefully the style that is right for you, because mantles are often the focal point of a room and you may want to use them not only to enhance the appearance of your fireplace, but also as an area for relaxing with the family.
If you are having a design change at your house, then you should think about replacing the existing mantel with a new one to make the most of the corner fireplace mantel. The possibilities are endless, you can even change the mantel into something completely different, such as the center piece of a side table or a picture frame for the door.
If you want a more traditional fireplace mantel, then you can opt for a simple rounded mantel and use it to surround your fire. Your choice of metal mantel should match your fireplace or add a touch of class to any fireplace. If your fireplace is made of cast iron, then a more traditional style is best suited to the design.
However, if you are looking for something a little more modern, then a cast aluminum mantel would work quite well. As a matter of fact, some manufacturers make their own mantels, especially for contemporary homes. For an antique style mantel, an old-fashioned mantel made of wicker or rattan wood would look great. Again, choosing the material of your mantel will depend on the style of the fireplace and your particular design style.
Whether you choose a mantel in a more traditional style or a modern one, you will get the added advantage of being able to keep the mantel free of debris that can collect on top of your fireplace if you happen to leave it open all night. This will allow you to enjoy the warmth and ambiance of the fire without having to keep the rest of your space neat and tidy.
Gallery of Five Advantages Of Corner Fireplace Ideas And How You Can Make Full Use Of It | corner fireplace ideas
Tags: #corner fireplace ideas #corner fireplace ideas diy #corner fireplace ideas in stone #corner fireplace ideas modern #corner fireplace ideas pictures #corner fireplace ideas pinterest #corner fireplace ideas with shiplap #corner fireplace ideas with tile #corner fireplace ideas with tv #corner fireplace ideas with tv above